Things That Have Brought Me Joy This Week (edition 1)

I read the book Spark Joy a few years ago and it didn’t really do anything for me. Okay, I get it – have things that make you happy, not just for the sake of having things.  Yada yada yada. 

Recently, I’ve revisited this idea and think that I’m finally ready to embrace joy. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with feeling joy from material things, especially when they increase your health, your knowledge or just make you feel happiness. There’s a lot in this world you can’t control, and a lot that just brings you down, so I feel that it’s important to surround yourself with people and things that bring you joy. So here’s the first edition of things that have brought me joy. 

#1 Nucifera Balm 

I’m not one for beauty products, and especially not since discovering how harmful most can be. My current “beauty” routine consists of washing my face with salt and black soap, and maybe washing my hair. I use coconut oil as a moisturizer and lotion. While I was out shopping with my mama the other week, I saw this in the clearance bin. LOOK AT THESE INGREDIENTS! My heart nearly skipped a beat. It’s listed for $30ish on the website but ya girl nabbed this baby up for $6. Talk about a stealio. I’ve used it a few times and it is delectable. The scent is yummy, and it’s rich enough for winter skin. 

The ingredients! So clean, so fre$h! 

#2 THIS Blazer 

So I call myself a psuedo-capsule wearer. I wear black, grey and white 90% of the time. The other 10% is my favorite color ever – mustard (see photo below). However, I do like “staple” pieces that bring fun to an outfit. I found this killah in Anthropologie last week, and couldn’t resist it. Even better – it was on SUPER sale. Ya girl is not about to throw $200 on a blazer, but I sure will spend $25! I’ve worn it to work once this week and one of my students told me I looked “fly,” so I would say it’s been a pretty solid look for me.

#3 Lion’s Mane Mushroom

I follow the Paleo diet loosely, but focus on eating real food and getting my nutrition that way. My husband is really into supplements (strange thing to be into, but if you saw our cupboards, you’d understand my wording). His recent love is mushrooms and he introduced me to this about a month ago. I frequently struggle with brain fog, especially when I don’t get adequate sleep, and this has helped immensely! I mix a teaspoon in with my coffee and collagen every morning, and I can’t even tell that it’s in there. I can tell that it’s working though – I think more clearly on the days that I use it. Definitely try it out if you struggle with brain fog too! 

#4 My dad learning how to use GIFs

There’s not much to say but ya’ll, my dad is the cutest. He’s 86 and obsessed with his iPhone, because the fact that it has a BUILT IN CAMERA is incredible to him. I taught him how to text a few months back, and he recently discovered GIFs all on his own. Texts from my dad always bring me a whole lotta joy.

#5 Billie Eilish

Damn beautiful music. I’ve been playing on repeat ALL WEEK. Also Billie Eilish radio on Pandora is bombdotcom ya’ll. Check it out. Music is so interesting to me. It has the ability to completely change your mood, or keep it as is. I’ve been feeling chill vibes lately, and this matches perfectly. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s